A Grand Entry
  • Dear Madhu
    A warm welcome you have really breathed a whif of fresh air into the group....I cannot remember the last time someone in the group challenged Gokul , SPS , VJ and Venkat in one go and still said the last word!!
    A really warm welcome!
    I really should emphasise Maloo's comment on personal details we do not know who is lurking in the darkness.
    MAY I REMIND ALL MEMBERS THE ARCHIVES OF THESE DISCUSSIONS ARE AVAILABLE TO THE GENERAL WEB USERS!
    Thiru can you please delete Madhu's personal details from the PS Site I'll do the same from the groups..
    Madhu the same can be said about your comments on your Melalar...There's a girl who was fired from our hospital for commenting about her manager in Facebook!!

Well I am a not sure if its a Kaveri athu meenkutti or Cholavazhanattu pulikutti...
    You are keeping us all enthralled....and entertained...
    Keep them coming

Sri
  • Hi sri

Well said. Madhu brings in fresh air and focus to the group. There is
    no question of challenging , as all of us are learning more and more
    evryday, truly katrathu kai man alavu. I think we listed about 13 or
    14 names of rrc and rjc ( as found in the nameboard of the tanjore
    musuem : satheesh's collections)

Regarding rrc, I believe there was an exclusive volume brought out by
    asi as rajarajan kalvettugal. Mr ramachandran mentioned this to me
    sometime back, maybe chandra can check this.

Names / titles of kings are an interesting study by itself. I
    understand that mahendra had about 45 while rajasimha had over 200 !!
    Thank god madhu didn't challenge us over that as well
  • Dear Sri,

Nice to hear from you after a long time...

Yah .. Madhu is even swinging "Literature" Venkat to look into History.... I understand his concerns...

There is no seriousness when putting forward History..

Dear Venkat,

To put my view very very mildly,

I prefer to classify EPIGRAPHIST - INSCRIPTION READERs likewise some of them you have in mind... instead of calling Historian as a whole - since it needs multilingual - multifaceted exposures with lots of interactions too amidst the scholarly brains and readiness to accept first then analyse the views one differ with ...

sps

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters