writer vikraman in psvp festival
  • Hi all

senior writer vikraman has consented to participate in the open house on august 15th barathiya vidya bavan

muruganandam and I met him today morning and had a real nice time.

he held my hand and in all concern asked " ni ezhuthaalar naa saappaattukku enna pannugiraai?

i laughed but then there was so much truth in his words.
    it is very difficult to be a full time writer in these days.

most of us novelists have another profession.
  • PARTICIPANTS IN OPEN HOUSE

Writer vikraman on the difficulties and pleasure he had when he wrote a sequel to ponniyin selvan.
    his memories of kalki and relevance of historical novels in tamil literature

gowri ramnarayan ( grand daughter of kalki) on tibits about kalki, translating kalki's works and dramatising kalki's works as dance drama( may be kalki's thamilisai too for she has accompanied MS on stage)

padmavasan( artist) giving a face to kalki's charecters

kumaravel-( actor and dramatist) the experience of enacting ponniyin selvan on stage

we are also arranging for a historian to speak on actual history and ponniyin selvan

ENSURE YOUR PARTICIPATION
  • - Dear Venkat,

Thiruvilayadal Darumi : Serndhe iruppadhu - Varumayum Pulamayum !

I can understand Elederly writers like Vikraman managing.. !

Eager to meet.

regards / sps
  • Hi Venkat, sounds great, hope the function will be webcast or recorded for us who can't be there physically.

What would be status of souvenir, is there last date for submissions?

thank you

Malathi
  • Dear venkatesh,
     Varumaiyum pulamiyum pirippathu arithu, We are optimizing income and pulamai. No other go  dear,
  • Hi Venkat and all,
    Everything seems to be going great. :) Kudos!

I too, wanted to know what the last date is for submissions for the
    souvenir.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters