Mahendra Varma in Tamil Fiction
  • Mahendra Varma is a charector much often written in Tamil
    I will recommend members to read them in this order

Visithra Chithan: Dhiwakar
    tracing Mahendra's early years...his jain heritage and his change of heart into Saivisam

Kanchi Kadiravan: Kovi Manisekaran I think
     the Young prince Mahendra designs the Parivarthini Yaal and is abducted by the chaluyas with an imposter in place

Sivakamiyin Sabatham Kalki
    The Monarch becoming an emperor

Kind Regards

Sri
  • Hi Dr Sri - I have read Kaanchi Kadhiravan and remember it quite well serialised in AV, esp Ma Se's beautiful pictures!! In that Mahendra has a wife named Ajanta named after the caves who is a dark beauty, she is seduced by the fake Mahendra and then commits suicide. I don't remember the ending I think Narasimha and his official queen both die. Ko Vee was an above average writer although very decorative language at times.

Malathi
  • Dear Malathi
    Sri will be fine!
    In the story Mahendra is married and is in love with Ajantha who is his inspiration for Parivarthini....Infact its a bit of a irresponsible prince...
    When the switch occurs....Ajantha finds out it is a fake prince and gives herslf in to save the Queen from the clutches of the imposter and dies eventually
    The Fake Mahendra dies and the Prince becomes responsible and good thereafter
    Kind Regards
    Sri

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters