Hampi-Badami Photos
  • Hi All,

Find few snaps of Hampi, Badami & Patthadakkal which we have taken on our trip.

http://entertainment.webshots.com/album/558381970XTASeT
  • Dear Kavitha,

That was exquisite. I wonder how you uploaded 200+ photos to the
    site. Great work.
    Also, if you could provide a writeup, how to go, where to stay, if at
    all you have any source
    of contacts that would be of great help in case someone plans a visit there.

> Hi All,
    > Find few snaps of Hampi, Badami & Patthadakkal which we have taken on our trip.
    > http://entertainment.webshots.com/album/558381970XTASeT
    > Regards,
    >
    > Kavitha
  • Excellent photos, kavitha

I was shocked to find Karaikkal ammaiyar near shiva in Badami !!!! It
    predates mahendra pallava

Kavita : Would it be possible to tag photos with some comments ? I am
    not able to identify what was taken in badami, patthadakkal etc
  • I just did a group upload of the photo's.. When i get time surely will comment on every photo's whatever i remember (atleast the place where the photo is taken).. Am not very good in remembering the whole.. and Sorry as am not so good at writting i cant explain the things very clearly. Thanks to Arun as he had already given a detailed info about the place in and around Hampi.

i just brief my trip, i dont have any source of contact there. We suddenly went on one weekend without any plan.. went to Hospet in KSRTC bus from bangalore. Stayed in Malligi hotel, near to Hospet bus stand. That hotel has a travel desk who arranged a cab for us to visit the places. The first day saturday we convered Hampi.. Its a wonderful place to see.. especially the way the water tanks are constructed are really nice.. Most of the places are destroyed and we can see only the basement of the places. If anyone goes to Hampi dont miss to have your lunch at Mango Tree Restaurant. after yout first half visit in the hot sun in Hampi, u feel relaxed and fresh in Mango Tree Restaurant to start off your second half visit. Second day we convered Pathaadakal and Badami and few other places on the way.

-Kavitha
  • Thanks SPS

There are other very interesting things too

Shiva with 16 arms dancing in upbeat mood is one of the treasures.
    Nowhere else can I remember shiva with so many hands - santharam
    raajarajarajeswaram is another place. Both having vezha mudra.

The ganapathi near this shiva - not so well photographed by kavitha
    (sorry kavi, you might not have noticed) is one of the earliest
    ganapathis of south india - just after pillaiyarpatti. if at all we can
    call anyone as authentic vathapi ganapathi it is this icon

Very beautiful very ancient and very very primary in its features.
    means the god will resemble elephant more than human. In later years
    ganesh almost became human. Compare the latest calender photos
  • Gokul, I dont have so well knowledge in this historical events, sirpa kalai-to understand what is depicted in that.. just got an little interest on reading Kalki's novels and being part of this group, and visited few places.. am not matured enough to capture it on a very clear note.. On seeing the photo only u can tell many things which i never knew even when visited the place.. Thanks for that..
  • Hi Kavitha,

The photos has come good..its very nice to see at different agnles...

gr8
    arun
  • I fully understand

You have done a remarkable work inspite of these shortcomings. Keep it up

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters