What I understand from pizza technique
  • Dr. Jaybee,
    I have uploaded the peria koil saaram, my assumption in the files section.
    What I get from the pizza technique you say:
    Its a modification of Gokul's assumption.
    Lets say they used just two set of saarams, and kept recycling them.
    I'll call it saaram A (red) and saaram B (green). They used A upto lintel level, lets say on the southwest corner of the temple, and continuing this is saaram B (on the west side). This saaram was constructed not horizontal, but with a gradient. With the stone in scaffolding B, scaffolding A was removed and constructed with the same gradient on the north side of the gopuram. When the stone was moved to scaf. A, scaf B was removed from the west wall and constructed on the east wall. With the stone on the east wall scaf, (B), scaf A was removed from north and constructed on the south wall. Using the same technique, they took the stone up around the temple to the top. The scaffolding around the temple could have been cantilevered, and not directly supported to the ground.
    This is the pizza technique I understand. I didnt have time to do this on adobe. But I've tried to recreate it as a line sketch.Konjamaachum pakkathla vandhenaa?Aavaludan,Thilak

If love is the answer, could you please repeat the question?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters