A doubt in PS, after a long time!
  • Hi all, It's been a while since we discussed PS. So, I would like to restart the PS discussion. I wanted to ask this question to the experts (you know, upload this question on Gokul's table) but I didnt want the experts to know that such dumb people are in the group! (Idhu kooda theriyadha unakku?)OK. Here it goes: Women education during Chola period. Kundavai was learned, shrewd, capable of ruling the whole chola empire. Manimegalai, on the other hand, in spite of being a princess, was illiterate. Chandramathi, her aide, could read. Why was Manimegalai illiterate in the novel? Was it just to be a messenger for Karikalan? If manimegalai existed, really, was she illiterate?Hoping to get more than one reply for this,Thilak

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.
  • Well ThilakThe answer is Pazhayarai and Thanjavur were hubs of Education.in the introduction of Kundavai and Vanathi He says most Kurunila mannars daughters came to Kundavai's aide to be laern and be cultured. Hollow explanation when you consider Poonguzhali could read and why not Manimegalai??????????? May be the chola kingdom was well educated as opposed to the far and distant sitrarasus And you did mean Chandramathi, Manimegalais aide didnt you? Sridhar
  • yes, chandramathi, manimegalai's aide reads karikalan's olai for her she was not even a kurunila mannan's daughter!
    Kurunila mannars daughters came to Kundavai's aide to be laern and be cultured.And you did mean Chandramathi, Manimegalais aide didnt you? Sridhar

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters