CVK's PS and members' response- Ver 1.1
  • Disclaimer: No offence meant. Krupa and I asked a few members in our group about this CVK's translation of PS (Krupa pona maila en pera sollala, paravalla. Nan Krupa-kku credit kuduthidaren). "What do you think about CVK's selection, 'Girl' for 'penne'"? Krupa gave a brief summary in his mail. This is the other half. (Idhellam avanga sonnappa Krupa thoongittaru!) Muguntharaj: Indha kElviyai ennidam thamizhil allavA kEtirukka vEndum?Mathav: More than my opinion, Einstein agrees. More at www.seewhateinsteinagreeson.com/girlforpenne.htmPavithra: Let me get all the opinions, then I'll sum up everything and post it on the files section.Sridhar: Well, see the etymology, see what word 'girl' is derived from. Then see what word 'penn' is derived from.. then....Dr.Jaybee: Dont ask such questions!Krupa: Girl-a irundha enna, Penn-a irundha enna, ennoda camera-la photo eduthu paathutu solrane!Sathya: Girl and Penn? OK. I've got 2 more VCDs. We can sell one for the girl ($10) and the other for the penn (Rs.400). (Happada! ellathayum vithuten-perumoochu vidaranga).Latha: I think its ok, but does calling a penn as girl change her genetic make up? or... innum enna thonudhunna... oh i am feeling sleepy , i dont want to talk when i am half asleep (experience pesudhu :) )Lavanya: 400+700+... 5x$10.. what is the $ Rs exchange rate today? oh... what did you ask? girl for penn, i think its ok, but i still wonder where poonguzhali learnt to oar the boat..Kamal: Lets have a panel discussion on this. Lets call all the experts and do it. Please vote in the polls if you will be available or not for the prog.Gokul: I have uploaded a pdf file on how to discuss this issue in the files section. You can also upload your comments in the table on the database section.Thilak: its okay with me. as long as girl is not written in tamil font, you see..Mathi: we can ask CVK this question, and post the reply in maraththadi, and then I'll forward that to this group.Yagna: Girl has 4 letters. Penn has 4 letters. If a=1 b=2... so on, add up numbers for each word, and take the square root of the 16th power...Ram: Judgement reserved. I'll wait for more people to start fighting on the issue, and then I'll give the ruling with appropriate examples. Krupa kadasiya anupinadhu indha mailoda munnodi. adhuku apram avarterndhu endha sathamum illa... enaku bayama iruku... ithoda mudichukaren.Nadungikkondu,adhigaprasangikku adhigaprasangi (ottranuku ottran maari :))

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters