Sea "Muthal Yathirai" ..Cartoon film...PS in Nondetail Text Books....Multiple replies
  • Dear GokulThat must have been a very impressive feat...if they completed it..Isnt it curious that of all the so many kingdoms in the subcontinent..the tamils particularly cholas differ so much... Both in trading to the west as far as egypt and greece and into the south east as far as china.... And having a mighty fleet and maritime history.... makes me wonder were the dravidians a seafaring race and the north indians and aryans not so particularly adept in the sea craft??? Food for thought Cholas maritime acheivements are so great that they are compared with the Phoenicians and are called the Phoenicians of the East It would be interesting to chase up the outcome of their expedition. Kamal great news the cartoon venture that would be a great animation film first of its kind in tamil history rather than cast some actor and distort our mental pictures of the charectors. May be the tamil nadu government should include a chapter from PS as in nondetail books to stimulate youngsters to read the book. A chapter like the adithirunaal vol one or pasum pattadai vol 3 can be used to describe the natural wealth of the tamilagam during the chola period...... What do you think I have started to reply to many mails in one if I can that will reduce the number of messages we read and the webspace problem as well Puthandu nal Vazhthukkal Sridhar
  • Dear LathaYes that would be very nice but having the whole book will be difficult..even ramayanam..mahabharatam...silapathikaram are just included s small chapters to promote interest. yes the history books have to be rewritten with emphasis on the south or atleast equal importance.. Chalukyas had sea on the west coast..kalingas had it in the east...vengi had sea in the east same with bengal... The point I am making is were dravidian south seafaring race...a seperate entity from their northern brotheres. Sridhar.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters